Virginia Students of the Year
Team York | Team York's Campaign Team
As we approch the last week of the campaign, we would like to thank everyone who has donated so far and would like to fill you in on a few updates:
1. Top Golf Fundraiser: On Sunday, March 18th from 12-3pm at Top Golf in Virginia Beach, Team York Cares is hosting a Top Golf Fundraising party! Tickets are on sale now! Please visit the "shop our store" tab located on our website to purchase tickets. The cost is $50 for an individual ticket or $250 for a family package which will include 6 tickets. There will be 3 hours of golf with food and drinks being served. So make sure to get your tickets now for an evening of fun with family and friends!
2. Pennies For Patients: this year's pennies for patients fundraiser has been scheduled for March 12th through the 16th. So make sure to bring in as much change as possible and the 2AB class with the most change will win a delicious Olive Garden dinner!
Team York Cares if you want to see York High School principal Dr. Shannon Butler soar 15,000 ft. In the air? Nows your chance Dr. Butler has set a $15,000 goal, If we can raise It by March 24th Dr. Shannon Butler will JUMP OUT OF A MOVING AIRPLANE!
Here’s a few ways to donate:
1. Visit www.teamyorkcares.com to make a tax deductible donation.
2. Come out to the 3rd annual Student vs. Faculty basketball game at York High School on February 15th at 7pm.
3. York High School Students can bring in change for Pennies for Patients fundraiser in March.
4. Lastly you can bring in donations to the York High School main office.
Thank you all again for your support!
Never in a million years would we have thought that at just 17years old, we would have such an opportunity to change the world. As a senior in high school, all you really focus on is school. You absolutely cannot wait to reach the light at the end of the tunnel; what you’ve spent the last 12 years working towards… graduation. However, our senior year is much different. We have been blessed with the chance to play an active role in the fight for a world without blood cancer.
Did you know that every 3 minutes, one person in the US is diagnosedwith blood cancer? Did you know that approximately every 9 minutes, someone dies from it? In 2017 alone, The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society supported 13 new blood cancer treatments that were approved by the FDA. LLS currently invests in 254, yes…254, grants towards blood cancer research.
We are eternally grateful to be chosen ascandidates for the Student of the Year campaign for the Virginia Chapter of The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS). This campaign is a seven-week fundraising competition to see which team can raise the most money for the fight against blood cancer. The campaign kick-off is February 3rd, with the competition running until March 24th.
Our team’s goal is to raise $40,000 to help find a cure for blood cancer. We would love and be honored if you would consider making a tax-deductible donation towards our campaign and LLS to help us reach our goal! Every dollar is a step closer to a life without blood cancer.
Every day we hear about all these terrible things happening in the news and on television, but you never expect for it to happen to someone you know. For as long as we can remember, we have been going to school with a wonderful classmate. We learned his mom was diagnosed with a rare form of blood cancer. Instantly, the whole community joined together to help her fight and raise awareness for such a horrible disease. That woman turned out to be one of our biggest inspirations, supporters, mentors, and the 2017 Woman of the Year, Lauren Blanchard. We are fighting for her as well as the countless others that have been diagnosed with blood cancer.
“Make someday today.”