Another year, another event for The Dude Hates Cancer! We are now in our 11th year of "The Dude," a campaign that I love dearly, and one has become a part of my life <3
And I'm excited to say, that I will actually be bowling again in this year's tournament with my awesome team, We Roll on Shabbos! While I chaired the event the last 5 years, they did me proud year after year, earning top honors in bowling as well as fundraising. They've worked hard every year to help this cause and it has meant everything to me. I am so proud to stand with this team once again, and we are ready to roll!
I have been in healthy remission now for EIGHT AMAZING YEARS years from stage 3 Hodgkins Lymphoma. I am humbled when I think back to how sick I felt then, and I know that without the advancements in cancer research and medicine, I would not be here today. I owe everything to cancer research, and to the people before me who worked so hard to raise the funding for it.
People are still diagnosed every day, every 3 minutes. The survival rate for myeloma is still just 33%. More research is critically needed, and your support will help LLS make further advancements in cancer treatment, and maybe one day, even a cure.
There are many ways to help!
- Donate online now! Even if it's just $5 or $10, every dollar adds up. All donations are tax deductible.
- Buy raffle tickets! Let me know if you're interested in a chance to win the most delicious prize ever: the Philly Restaurant Pass
- Start a bowling team & join us on 9/24 at South Bowl! Click here to learn more.
- Let me know if you or your company can become a corporate sponsor.
- Let me know if you can donate a gift certificate or product for our silent auction.
THANK YOU, to the many family and friends who have generously donated money, who have started bowling teams and fundraised, who have joined the organizing committee to help plan and grow this event... to everyone who has helped out by doing what they can year after year. You humble me, and you have all contributed to the event's successes - over half a million dollars raised, 100% given to LLS. THANK YOU for all of your support, and I hope you will be able to help out with what you can once again. TDHC would not be possible without the support and generosity of people like you.
The Dude abides.
With love and gratitude,