Team YOLO (You Only Live Once) is back and on May 19th we will be participating in the 2018 Big Climb! This event, sponsored by the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS), is an opportunity to get some great exercise while we also honor, and support, those we know who have been impacted by blood cancer.
Last year Team YOLO raised over $5000; this year we are setting our goal a bit higher - $7500!
What is Big Climb Philly?
- It is the third annual LLS-sponsored stair climb to the top of one of Philadelphia’s skyscrapers, the FMC Tower. The climb is a fun, one-of-a-kind event, providing an opportunity for us to test ourselves as we climb 46 flights of stairs all the way to the top!
- It is also a fundraiser in support of the LLS mission: To cure leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin’s disease and myeloma, and improve the quality of life of patients and their families. This is personal for us – Mary is a blood cancer survivor, and we both have friends, family and colleagues who have either fought this disease themselves or supported someone who has. There’s a good chance you may know someone as well - every four minutes someone new is diagnosed with a blood cancer!
Where and When is the Big Climb?
- Where: FMC Tower, Cira Center South, at 29th and Walnut. And, easily accessible by public transportation!
- When: The morning of Saturday, May 19th
What Do I Need to Do? It’s easy!:
- Climb with us on May 19th. Don’t think you can climb 46 flights of stairs? Yes you can! Last year, every member of Team YOLO made it to the top. Not only did we do it, but we had fun in the process!
- Can’t join us? Then consider donating to our team. No amount is too small!
Here’s to having you join – or support - Team YOLO as we climb to help conquer and cure blood cancer! Either way, you'll be making a real impact on the fight against cancer.
Team YOLO co-captains: Naish Patel & Mary Pennington